Last updated August 3, 2015 4:30 p.m.
As of 4:00 p.m. , ComEd has restored more than 90% of customers impacted by Sunday's severe storms. Approximately 7,200 customers remain without power. Over 650 crews continue to work to repair damaged power lines and restore customers as quickly and safely as possible.
ComEd understands that losing your power is frustrating and we appreciate your patience as we work safely to restore customers.
ComEd is encouraging the public to remember to take the following safety precautions:
• If you encounter a downed power line, immediately call ComEd at 1-800-EDISON1 (1-800-334-7661) or access our website at ComEd.com and report the location. Spanish-speaking customers should call 1-800-95-LUCES (1-800-955-8237).
• Never approach a downed power line. Always assume a power line is energized and extremely dangerous.
• Check on elderly and other family members and neighbors to ensure their safety and make alternate arrangements in the event of an outage.
• If you are experiencing a power outage, do not wade into a flooded basement. Power may be restored while you are in the flooded basement and the motors on appliances may be submerged.
• Please stand clear of ComEd crews working to restore power. Broken tree limbs and power lines in the area can present a significant danger.
• We’re doing everything in our power to help get yours back. Our highest priority is safety. As soon as it’s safe for crews, we’ll first work to restore power to those who need it most (hospitals, nursing homes, emergency facilities, etc.). Then we’ll work as quickly as possible to restore all remaining outages. ComEd understands that losing your power is frustrating and we appreciate your patience as we work to assess damage and safely make repairs.
• To stay informed about estimated restoration times, continue to check our Storm Center. You can sign up to receive outage alert texts on your mobile phone by visiting ComEd.com/Text. Or follow us on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/ComEd and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ComEd
• To report outages or downed wires:
• Use the online form https://www.comed.com/customer-service/outage-information/Pages/report-an-outage-anonymous.aspx to report or to check if your outage has been reported.
• Text OUT to 26633 (COMED) if you’ve already subscribed to Outage Alerts.
• Download the free ComEd Mobile App (for iPhone® and Android™® smartphones).
• Log onto the Facebook Outage App.
• Call 1-800-EDISON-1. (During storms call centers may experience high wait times.)