Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Dispute Resolution

ComEd recognizes that non-emergency tree and vegetation trimming, pruning or removal can create customer concerns so a dispute resolution process has been created.

1. Contact ComEd at 1-800-Edison-1

If your property is scheduled to be trimmed and you have concerns regarding proposed activities, call 1-800-Edison-1 (1-800-334-7661) to inform a customer service representative that you wish to be contacted by a vegetation management representative before work is performed.

2. Vegetation Management is notified

The customer service representative will forward your request to the vegetation management department.

3. You will receive a call or visit

You will be contacted directly to discuss your concerns and be briefed on the resolution process. In the past, resolutions or acceptable alternatives have included:

  • The relocation of a tree
  • The relocation of power lines (at customer expense)
  • The use of a private tree service to conduct necessary trimming or removal (at customer expense)

If you and ComEd cannot resolve your concerns, you may utilize the Illinois Commerce Commission's (ICC) dispute resolution processes, or you may propose another alternative means to ComEd for its consideration. (Note: ComEd will provide legal basis for the activities, including relevant easements that we are aware of and applicable tariff provisions. The representative will ask you to acknowledge receipt of these materials, as tariff provisions do allow ComEd to recover from customers the costs of improper denial of access to its facilities.)

To contact a Consumer Affairs Officer of the ICC, call 1-800-524-0795.

Important Legal Documents

© Commonwealth Edison Company, 2021. All Rights Reserved.