Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

CHAMP - Proud of Our Military, Proud to Help

​Since January 2002, ComEd has assisted activated and deployed members of the U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard, Reserves and honorably discharged veterans with paying their electric bills. CHAMP is a financial-assistance program that offers an optional package of benefits to qualified military personnel who reside within ComEd’s service territory and have fallen behind on their electric bill.

ComEd ComEd CARE Champ - Audio Transcript

Available Benefits

  • Bill payment assistance up to $1,000 (once every two years; while funds are available)
  • Deferred payment plans
  • Extended due dates (preferred due dates)
  • Cancellation of late charges
  • Deposit reduction
  • Budget payment plan


ComEd is committed to engaging and supporting our communities by providing assistance to military personnel that are experiencing a hardship, and have fallen behind on their electric bill.

  • Deployed members of the U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard or Reserves
  • Veterans who were honorably discharged
  • Reside within ComEd’s northern Illinois service territory and demonstrate a hardship

How to Apply

Applicants are screened to determine their need and eligibility. Download one of the applications below to apply. Contact ComEd CARE at 888-806-CARE for more information.

Activated Personnel Honorably Discharged Personnel

1) Attach form letter regarding Soldier’s and Sailor’s Civil Relief Act of 1940, 50 U.S.C. App., Sections 501-590 or your appropriate military branches form letter pertaining to activation.

2) Attach copy of Activation Orders or similar documents pertaining to the order to Active Duty.

1) Attach copy of your discharge letter (must be honorably discharged with a minimum of two years of service).

Send original application form and the above-mentioned documents to:

ComEd Helps Activated/Disabled Military Personnel (CHAMP)
Attention: Revenue Management – Energy Assistance
2100 Swift Drive
Oakbrook IL 60523-1559

 Content Editor

military father holding his son
© Commonwealth Edison Company, 2021. All Rights Reserved.